Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Doesn't this verse, that we all know by heart, sum up what Christmas is all about?   We are so blessed.

God gave us His only Son that we might have live forever with Him.

Had Jesus not come we would have no Christmas.  Jesus is the Light of the world.  We would be in darkness had He not come.  He came that we might live.  We would be dead in our trespasses and sins had He not come.  He came because He loves us.  Oh, what Love!  


I cannot comprehend His love and His blessings but I sure am going to enjoy them.  Not that I am worthy, but because He is a God that loves to bless His children.

I  suppose I have thought more on how to be more compassionate this Christmas.  I see so many needs. So many needy people.  They are just waiting for someone to show them a little love.  

What are we doing with our time?  In the hustle and bustle of  the season ~ are we taking time out to send someone a "Thinking of You" card?  Will it hurt us to take a little time out to make a phone call and check on the sick?  Will it hurt to give someone a hug?  Will it hurt us to take a few dollars and buy a Christmas gift  for the needy?  Look around in church and you will find needs if you look for them. 

Last week as I came home from the hospital I was weak and did not have the strength to do much.  But I felt I wanted to bake a cake and send it to a friend from church  who has been sick.  I got the cake baked and ready for my husband to bring it to her.  Before he could go  ~ this friend pulled up and knocked on our door.  She said she just wanted to get out and she just decided to stop by.  She had never been here before.
As we sat and visited we found we were an encouragement  to each other.  Today I sent her a thank you card for being such a blessing


It just takes a little time and effort to encourage someone.  I feel I have failed along this line but the Lord is helping me.


Today I sent a couple cards to some that have been sick, some that are going through decisions that aren't easy.   One young lady is having to put her Mom in a Nursing Home.  This is not easy because I have gone through this and I know the heartache of having to do this.  So I sent her a card trying to encourage her.

I am not tooting my own horn ~ I am just trying to do what I think the Lord wants me to do.   I want to have compassion and make a difference.  To do this will have to be on purpose.  We will always find ourselves too busy with our own things.  Let's take time to show a little more compassion and pass around a little more cheer and love.
We never know what a difference we might make!   It might make someone have a little more Christmas cheer.  Give it a try.  At least, you will feel better.  I am always reminded of the little song :

JESUS AND OTHERS AND YOU
WHAT A WONDERFUL WAY TO SPELL JOY,
JESUS AND OTHERS AND YOU
IN THE LIFE OF  EACH GIRL AND EACH BOY.
IS FOR  JESUS FOR HE HAS FIRST PLACE.
O IS FOR OTHERS WE MEET FACE TO FACE.
Y  IS FOR YOU IN WHATEVER YOU DO.
PUT THEM TOGETHER AND SPELL JOY.

LETS GET BUSY AND SPREAD SOME CHRISTMAS JOY!


1 comment:

Rita said...

Yes. Kindness, compassion, and smiles are free, but priceless. :)