Thursday, March 3, 2011

Stylish Blogger Award

Karla, at  Ramblinroadstoeverywhere  nominated me  for the Stylish Blogger Award.   This is one of those pay forward type awards.  I'm honored that she thought of me, although I can't see how she thinks I'm stylish.  I am doing this especially for her.


RULE: 1. Share 7 things about yourself.
RULE: 2. Share 15 recently discovered great bloogers to 
                    receive this award. 


The first part I probably can do ~ but rule number 2 will not be easy but I will try. Here goes !

1. I love to read.  (A quiet place and a good book!)

2. I hate to clean out cabinets and dresser drawers


3. I have all my love letters that my husband and I wrote to each other, before we were married, tied with a ribbon.  

4. I have my kids first little drawings that are dry rotted and I don't want to throw them out.

5. I have two great fears:  Guns and snakes.

6. I love to write.  I have notebooks full of my writings for the past 40 yrs. I love to write on my blog, thanks to Karla, (my niece) who set it up for me in 2008.  

7.  Last, but not least, I love to teach Sunday School.  (Have done it 
since I was a teenager.)  My first love is the Lord Jesus Christ.

Since I have no idea who to send this to, I want anyone on my blog roll who wants This Stylish Award  to feel free to send it to your favorite bloggers .  Try it and see what you can come up with.




5 comments:

Elizabeth J. said...

Hello Ailene,
I want to thank you for commenting on my blog post. I always enjoying hearing from my blog readers. Drop by Footprints in the Sand again sometime. Have a good evening.

~Elizabeth J.

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That's a fun "about me" list! I have all my old love letters, too. I read them all to Lyle again this past fall in celebration of our silver anniversary! We both enjoyed remembering!

Nikki (Sarah) said...

congrats on the award. love reading your list....

Anonymous said...

Well Aliene, I posted a comment once but I don't think it worked cuz it asked me to log in again. So I'll try this a second time.
Congratulations on winning the award! I know what a blessing it is for you.
I enjoyed your list and found that you and I have #1, 2, 3, 4, part of 6 and 7 in common. How wonderful to know that!
Blessings and hugs,
Deb

Barbara said...

cool,, I love your new background too. I do not do awards, but enjoyed seeing yours,hugs my dear friend, Barbara, I really like Karla's blog too