Tuesday, December 14, 2010

We had our Christmas Program at Church Saturday Night.  The youth and children worked very hard and long hours.  Ms. Danielle, the director, sacrificed a lot of time to make this a success.  The theme this year was CHRISTMAS IN EGYPT.   It was about Jesus first birthday which was, most likely, spent in Egypt.  When the Lord warmed Joseph to take the Child and flee to Egypt was just a fulfilling of the Scripture.

Have you ever thought that Jesus may have been in Egypt on His first birthday?  I don't guess I ever really thought about it.  But the program was beautiful.  The costumes were Egyptian clothes.  I mean royal clothes.
I wish I had a picture to put on here so you could see.  But we had misplaced our camera.  Shh!  Don't tell anyone~ but it was in my purse the whole time.  I don't know how that could have happened but it was way down in the bottom.  I was pretty aggravated with myself when I found it.  All during the program  it was right on the seat  with me.  Just have too much on my mind or getting old ~ maybe a little of both.

Just got the rest of my Christmas shopping done.  Now I need to start wrapping.  Most of  the gifts are home made.  A few are not.  We are trying to place the most emphasis on Jesus ~ the real meaning of Christmas.
We want to have a gift for Him for Christmas in the form of a special offering.

Today was my first day in the stores.  I have no desire to go again.  People go nuts.  I wondered with all the packages and long lines ~ how many are thinking about the real meaning.  Very few, no doubt!

Guess I have rested long enough.  Have a good and blessed week.

4 comments:

Deborah said...

I can relate to the "too much on my mind or getting ole" Yes I think it's both! :o)
Our kids are singing for Christmas, but no play...I've rather enjoyed not having the stress of all the practices.

Anonymous said...

Oh those stores will get ya Aliene! Aren't you glad you're all done? Like you, I wonder how many know the true meaning about the holiday... then I remember, "oh!! It's me! I'm the one who's supposed to tell and show them!!" lol So, my hubby and I try (really try) to bring some joy and some merry "Christ"mas to those stressed shoppers and overworked cashiers.
How cute - you sound like me - losing your camera and finding it in your purse. I think it's just that we get so busy we forget???
Hugs and blessings on the rest of your week.
Deb

Barbara said...

We do very little shopping, and I always try to put as much thought of Jesus as possible, He is the one we are to celebrate about, no other reason on earth, God bless you dear friend, and have a very Merry Christmas, Love you Barbara

Nikki (Sarah) said...

I went to my daughter's school play last night...no mention of the true meaning of Christmas. It was all about snow days. Made me sad. Your last line made me think of that.