Monday, December 13, 2010

 "For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure." Philippians 2:13

The Lord did it again!  Last night service was another service where the Lord just took over and blessed and encouraged and helped.  I don't know what He is trying to do, but I just know that I want to stay out of the way.  We have to come as empty vessels so the Lord can fill us.  Last night my vessel was full and running over.  What is so amazing about the Holy Spirit, He never comes in the same way.  Every service is different.
 He is so full of surprises for His children if we are a willing to let Him be first. 

I thought of the times I messed up because I tried in my own strength to work things out.  What a tangled mess we can make of our life's in our own strength.  But how sweet it is to just turn lose and let the Lord be in control.   I heard someone say just recently that Jesus was their co-pilot.  That is the problem with a lot of Christians.  They wonder why their Christian life is stale mate.  It is because they need to switch places and
and become the co-pilot.  I, frankly don't want to be in the Pilot's seat.  I don't know how to work the controls.  I thank God that He is my Pilot and He is in control. 

I just wish you could be in one of these services.   Just to be under the spout where the blessings pour out.
I feel so unworthy that God is so good to me and my family.  So honored to have a good place to worship
and  to see my grand children under the influence of  the workings of God.  Honored and blessed to have a Pastor and people that encourage and up lift others. 

I am entering into a new adventure in a few weeks.  Many of you are pros at this but this is brand new to me.
I am going to home school my youngest grandson.  He is in the 9th grade.  I know I will meet with new challenges and have to ask for help.  But most of the families at church home school and they are willing to help me if  I run into a problem.  I just ask that you, my friends, pray for me as I go into this. 
                                                                   Always, Aliene

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Praying for you Aliene, as you undertake this most blessed opportunity.
We homeschooled our son all the way through and enjoyed everything about it.
It is such a blessing to make everything a learning experience and to sow into a child's education and training. It is a challenge, but the benefits and blessings are so worth it.
Hugs and blessings and prayers as you undertake this,
Deb

Sherry @ Lamp Unto My Feet said...

Praying for you as you homeschool your grandson. I am in my 3rd year of homeschooling my children.