Wednesday, December 8, 2010

This and That



While we do "this and that" let's keep in mind what this season is all about.  

Thought I had better get something on here.  I have been helping out in the office at church.  Trying to get everything ready for Christmas and doing up dates etc.  I still don't have any Christmas decorations up. I hope to get that started tomorrow.  I also need to do  a little more shopping. 

We have had some cold mornings.  Tonight is suppose to be 27 degrees.  That may not seem cold to you who are in the North but to Southern folk ~ it's cold.  My husband has been keeping the fireplace going almost all day.  He had to pick all the tomatoes that were still green.  I put up 5 pints of  Pickled Green Tomatoes.  I have more to put up tomorrow.  Then I need to bake more friendship loaves for Christmas.  I have it all ready to go. Just need to stop long enough to bake.

I am making Bath Salt for my Sunday School Girls.  My grandson put the labels on the jars yesterday.
Tomorrow I need to get them filled up and ribbon tied around them .  I am making twenty at least.  I had 19 in class last Sunday.  

Just thought I would let you know I am still here doing "this and that."  Maybe I can get back to blogging more often after the holidays.  Seems almost everyone is having the same problem.  Not enough time.  What have you been doing?

4 comments:

Deborah said...

Hi Aliene! I put our manger scene out today, and this evening Brian brought home a Christmas tree. We'll decorate it tomorrow. We've been listening to Christmas music, and the past few days, we've been working on a pinate....putting layers of newspaper soaked in paste on a balloon. When it's strong enough we'll paint it and fill it with candy for Christmas.

Kathleen said...

So this is how a "Hooting Nanny" spends her time? :)

I enjoyed viewing the cross-section of your life. Such simple joys - the best kind, anytime; but especially at Christmas-time.

Blessings,
Kathlee

Barbara said...

Hello sweet friend, yeah the joy of the season is JESUS...have a blessed day, and I got your Christmas card yesterday too, thank you dear one, Hugs Barbara

Jackie said...

My son,who lives in FL, but works on a barge in the Gulf, had to go buy some insulated jumpsuits and a coat! Yeah, I'm in Franklin parish, and I just bought a new coat ,figuring I might get to wear it about mid January. As you well know, that is when it most often gets the coldest. This early cold slipped up on my son! I love your blog!