Since yesterday my husband has been finding the Greek meaning of words for his Sunday School Class.
I thought I would look at JOY in the Greek. I know, just a simple word!! But with lots of meaning.
Words that we need to keep before us.
1. To experience gladness. That which is pleasing
2. To be delighted. Enthusiastic
3. Cheerful ~ That which promotes good spirit.
4. Pleased ~Happy
5. Gratified ~ Opposed to sorry, or unhappy
6. Satisfied ~ Full to overflowing
To infuse life, courage, hope,solace and comfort.
We need to copy words like this and put them on our refrigerators, on our mirrors
or anywhere that they may be seen. A constant reminder to rejoice.
Have you rejoiced today? I know, I know~ I am stuck on Rejoice ~ but that is a good place to be.