Sunday, November 13, 2011

MEMORY

I put this on the KJV Blog over a week ago.  Thought I would post it here.

Do you have trouble remembering things?  I don't mean a major memory lose.  For example, if I am working in one room and need something in the laundry room I head out to get it.  By the time I walk through the living room and dining room to get to the laundry room ~ I have forgotten what I came after.  Guess what?  I have to go all the way back to the original room and it suddenly dawns upon me what I need.  So ~ I say the word out loud of what I needed in the first place and it sticks in my mind.  I go after it. This time I remembered.   Do you think it had anything with me saying the word out loud?


My husband and I were lying in the bed one morning this week.  Somehow we started talking about our favorite verses.  Many of you know that Psalms 37:4 is mine.  "Delight thyself also in the Lord and he shall give you the desires of  thine heart."  He said right behind me,  "Commit thy way into the Lord, trust also in him and he shall bring it to pass." ( Seems those are his favorite, also.)  Then we started quoting Scripture that we had memorized as young people.  Verses and chapters like:  Psalm 1, 121, 23 and others.  John 14 and I don't know how many we ended up with.


I am so glad that  we remembered those verses that are stored in the memory banks of our mind.  When we need them the Lord brings them to our attention.  I don't have to run to the Bible and find what the verse really says.  (It is not like things I hunt for in my house.  Running here and there to find what I am looking for.)   It's right there for me to draw on.



It is important  to teach our children the Scripture.  It is something that will be with them the rest of our life.


 2 TIMOTHY 2:15    "STUDY TO SHOW THYSELF APPROVED UNTO GOD, A WORKMAN THAT NEEDETH NOT  TO BE ASHAMED, RIGHTLY DIVIDING THE WORD OF GOD."


5 comments:

Anonymous said...

AMEN! I LOVE THIS...AND ITS THRUE WE MUST TEACH OUR CHILDREN EVEN NOT ALL WANTS TO SERVE THE LORD..BUT I STAND ON GODS PROMISES..THANKS FRIENDS THESE ARE BEAUTIFUL VERSES..LOVES SORAYA

Kathleen said...

I misplace my thoughts freqently :)

How glad am I that we have these great & precious promises to store in our hearts, never to be forgotten, never to rust, never to disappoint.

Anonymous said...

You're a blessing to me. :-)HUGS!!!

Anonymous said...

There's something powerful about speaking-out instead of just thinking-in. The spoken word carries power and authority and yes... helps us remember! Our children do need to learn and memorize Scripture and they also need to speak it and live it.
Excellent teaching Aliene! Good to see you writing again my dear friend.
Hugs and blessings,
Deb

Alene said...

Yep I loose a lot. My keys, my phone, my thoughts, and my memory. LOL Great post. Blessings friend.