Monday, November 29, 2010

STUFF

We're sitting here trying to take a break.  I am in Jackson, Mississippi with my sister trying to get some packing done.  She and her husband are moving to Indiana sometime after the first of the year.  She has a lot of "stuff" to go through so I drove down for a few days to help her. 

You know that "stuff" that we all dread going through?  I think we spend our life going through "stuff" we have collected over the years.  I got some of my "stuff" gone through the pass few weeks.  Guess what?  I am bringing some of her "stuff" home with me.  Now that's the pitts!   I am going to be in the pitts of misery when my husband sees this "stuff."  But it is not all for me.  So maybe it won't be too bad.  Anyway, I won't worry about that today.

We pull out, and giggle and laugh and pack and look.  We really do have throw away boxes.  Probably take them to Goodwill when we get through.

She's having Bible Study tonight so I need to help her hide stuff and prepare for the ladies.  I  just wanted you to know that I am still around.  I will be here a few days, but I have my computer with me.  I can keep up with you girls.  I try to post again in a couple days.
                                                           

11 comments:

Deborah said...

Have a good time reminiscing with your sister!

Andrea said...

I love the part about "hiding stuff" before Bible Study....reminds me of the frenzy I get in when company is coming and there is a mess everywhere.
Blessings and prayers,
andrea

Anonymous said...

Awww... I know your sister is so glad to have you help her with her 'stuff'! Enjoy your time together and don't work too hard.

Blessings and hugs,
Deb

pse said...

Wish I was there to help! Maybe I should just do something with my own "stuff".

pse said...

correction: Wish I were there.

Cora from Hidden Riches said...

Nothing better than other people's "stuff!!!!!" Sounds like you had a great time with your sister. Loved what you did with the blocks that had been your grandma's. The pillows are just precious and hold such great memories. Perfect! Cora

Liesa said...

Hi Aliene! As for my blog-look, I got the template at Lee-lou blogs. There is a link to it on my side bar, almost at the bottom of the page. It was a freebie!

You're in Jackson? Get on the Natchez Trace, head North...I am about 200 miles from there! Enjoy your time with your sister.

It feels like Christmas here today...BRRRRRR.

Have a great evening.

Love,
Liesa

Anonymous said...

It sounds like you are having a great time! I know I love spending time with my sis! And let me tell ya....I know all about "stuff"! I need to tackle a closet as we speak. It just gets fuller and fuller and fuller!! Anyway, I hope you are having a blast! Be safe coming home!

Barbara said...

Giggles yeah we all got too much stuff, I lost all mine in a fire in 1990, and now just 20 years later I have way too much stuff..Hugs my friend, and do not over work, like the Bible study wish I were there with you.

Just Be Real said...

Enjoy your time. Blessings.

Unknown said...

emjoy your time together! And STUFF is really causing me to lag here lately. I feel I have so much in the way. I've been deleting some STUFF recently from my life and home but have much more to tend to.
Love your sweet look on this blog.