Saturday, June 27, 2009

Camp Meeting

"And I will make them and the places round about my hill a blessing, and I will cause the shower to come down in his season; there shall be showers of blessing" Isaiah 34:26 Showers Galore and even more! I don't have much time but something is buring in my soul and I had to tell just a little of what the Lord did for us at camp meeting. I prayed before camp and told the Lord that I surely appreciated the mercy drops but I needed Showers of Blessings. He went far beyond my expectation and just sent us Floods of Glory. The people piled in from all over. I don't know how many states were represented~but someone said we had about 40 preachers there. My husband is an usher and several nights he and the men had to get folding chairs out in the vestibule and the hall doors were opened and chairs lined the openings. But the main thing is !The Lord was there! That is the main thing, isn't it? He especially blessed us Wednesday night. People were praising and shouting and going to the altar. Other's going to the back with those that wanted to be saved. A flood of glory would sway across the congregation, things would get a little quiet then another flood of glory would come. This lasted until 9:30pm, then no one wanted to go home. We kind of felt like the disciples, "Let's just build a tabernacle and stay right here." After all that, we wanted preaching. I guess we got home about 11 pm. I have never seen a service quite like this. We have good services at church regularly but this was beyond anything we could ask or believe for. Our pastor just let the Holy Spirit move. My heart was blessed beyond measure as so many others were. Many said they had never been in a service such as we had. But it was all the Lord's doings. I will write more later about this. As for now, I ask that you pray for my Mother. I had to go three days during camp and bring her to emergency room one time, the doctor another day. One day I was just there to watch her and see how she was doing. She seems to see things and tell things that did not happen and her memory is getting worse. She has been in bed since the first part of the week. The doctor took her off some of her meds but as of yesterday she was no better. She slurs her words and talks real low. We had a CT scan done on her head but it did not show signs of more mini strokes. I suppose the next thing is an MRI. I really think her memory is going and she is fighting to keep it. She sleeps a lot. We really don't know what the problem is. We realize that she won't be with us long but she does still regconizes us. It was tiring to shuffle tending to her and going to camp but the Lord worked it out. Just be sure and pray for all of us. Some of my siblings live way off and it is so hard on them not to be here. I have a brother and sister that is having trouble with their heart. Pray that the Lord would touch them and get them through this crisis in our life. Until I can get back to the computer, I just want to say I love all of you. You are part of my family and I do so much appreciate every one of you that are praying.

3 comments:

Samantha said...

Praying for your precious mother and your family. Blessings to you dear one.

Trish said...

To feel the Lord moving in such a way, is so powerful...salvation, healings and people set free from so many things, that hold them captive! God is faithful and just when things are hard for you, with your sweet Mom...there HE was filling you to overflowing. Awesome!
I will keep your family in my prayers.
~hugs`
trish

Unknown said...

What a wonderful meeting and a time for rejoycing! God is so Good!

I will pray for your Mother right now.