Sunday, December 14, 2008

Snow Day

I know I am late with a post, but we really had a busy week. We also had snow on the ground for three days. It was called Sneaux Day! (Snow Day). It was really beautiful for us to see, but oh, the aftermath. We have never seem so much snow. You that have a lot of snow will probably think we southerners are nuts, but snow is a very rare occassion in south Louisiana. Me thinks me would rather have rain. It drains off and is gone in a day, but snow lingers. We drove the second day after the big sneax. It was all over. The roadways were opened, but we were without electricity for a day. Some areas are still out. Good thing we had a fireplace to keep us warm. There is always something to be thankful for even when storms come. Whether hurricane or snow. We thought it was nice for the kids and my big kid (hubby) got out in it but I stayed in. Just looked out the door and took pictures from the back porch.

Well, life goes on now that we had our our lifetime snow! It is back in the 70's today. I see the pictures of some of the blizzards up north and all they have to face. For them we need to pray. I don't really have a lot of time, need to get ready for church. I'll get going again on my post just in case you passed by.

We had our two grandaughters over yesterday and they were in a candy making mood. Two grandaughters, three kids and two men. Flour, powered sugar, recipes, chocolate chips, kids licking spoons. Quite an affair! A messy kitchen and we were all a sight. I need to downlaod those pictures. This is the first time we had ever gotten to do this together. I enjoyed it - but this Grandma was plenty tired when they left. I took a break ever so often and tried to read to the kids. Wasn't really in the mood for reading, but there is more than one way to skin a cat. whatever that is suppose to mean! I think it meant I was tired and needed a rest - so it was convienent to read to the kids.

No comments: