Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Bistro Shop

Now, isn't that a beautiful piece of art? I know - you are thinking -What child did that? Don't you dare laugh! It's 2 am and I could not sleep. That, my friend, is my bistro shop! The chairs may be wobbly and the table crooked - but it is mine! The table is in need of repair but that's okay. If I want to eat on a table, even though it might fall, well, it's my table! At least I tried! Painting is not my thing but it looks as good as some of the modern art. Have you ever just look at a picture in a doctor's ofice or somewhere else and wondered what in the world it was? I looked at one the other day. It looked like a fish just outlined way down in the bottom corner.. Maybe! There were blue splashes and yellow splashes! Somewhere in there bound to have been something that would catch your eye. But I never did find it. I came home and said I can splash paint and dab little white specks in it and maybe put a little black silholette in it and make a fortune. But I just haven't had the time to make my fortune. I really would like to know, though, what the artist was painting. I look at my little bistro shop and thought - if it was all straight and perfect it would not be me. Definitely not! Try figuring out some of this modern art and when you have it figured out please let me know! What is it and what does it mean? Maybe I just don't have appreciation for all the modern stuff! If I wasn't so tired You would not have seen my little bistro shop. I don't usually show anything that I painted. In case you are wondering - the picture is sitting in a rocking chair! It does not hang in my living room. Right now I could not tell you where it is. But the more I look at my little bistro shop - the cuter it is. Maybe it is because of the imperfections. Now that I think of it - maybe that painting in the doctor's shop was called Imperfection. That way you can do any thing on canvas and sell it for a fortune. Wanna try it? You might get rich!

6 comments:

pse said...

Very cute picture. Don't you think it would come nearer selling in a shop rather than hidden in your back room. You can't get rich hiding your talents, you know.

Dori Overman said...

I think you should hang it! It's quite charming!

Dori Overman said...

oh, and when I see you next I'm gonna "snitch" that little tea set on the sidebar of your blog!

~~Deby said...

oh..I love that Bistro picture...I REALLY do....you don't give yourself enough credit..I could see that done on the front of notecards..how cute....
keep up the work....maybe Etsy one day for your paintings...hmmmmm.....
Deby

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

I call it folk art... and I like folk art MUCH better than modern art! Show us some more! That can't be the only thing you've done.

Cathy said...

That IS a cute painting. I don't care for the modern art either.