Monday, June 23, 2008

Have you given thanks to the Lord today for all His bountiful blessings? As we were having testimonies in church last night - one of the men stood and summed it all up with Psalm 103. Bless the Lord, O my soul: and all that is within me, bless his holy name. Bless the Lord, O my soul, and forget not all his benefits.

Isn't the Lord good? We are so prone to take His blessings and benefits for granted. He does so much for us and sometimes we forget to thank Him. We teach our children to say "thank you" . Shouldn't we practice what we preach and say thanks to our Heavenly Father for all He does for us?

Who forgiveth all thine inquities; who healeth all thy diseases. Who redeemeth thy life from destruction; who crowneth thee with lovingkindness and tender mercies.

The song writer said:

In loving-kindness Jesus came, My soul in mercy to reclaim.

And from the depths of sin and shame, through grace he lifted me.

He called me long before I heard, Before my sinful heart was stirred

And when I took Him at His word, Forgiven He lifted me.

His brow was pierced with many thorn, His hands by cruel nails were torned

When from my guilt and grief forlorn, in Love He lifted me.

Now on a higher plain I dwell, And with my soul I know 'tis well

Yet how or why... I cannot tell- He should have lifted me.

Chorus:

From sinking sand He lifted me, With tender hand He lifted me

From shades of night to plains of light, Oh praise His Name, He lifted me.

Who satisfieth thy mouth with good things; so that thy youth is renewed like the eagles. The Lord executeth righteousness and judgment for all that are oppressed. He made known his ways unto Moses, his acts unto the children of Israel. The Lord is merciful and gracious, slow to anger, and plenteous in mercy. He will not always chide: neither will keep his anger for ever. He hath not dealth with us after our sins; nor rewarded us according to our inquities. For as the heaven is high above the earth, so great is his mercy toward them that fear him.As far as the east is from the west: so far hath he removed our transgressions from us.

Others may remember what we have done in the past, but Jesus not only forgives, but He forgets. He never remembers confessed and forgiven sin.

Like as a father pitieth his children, so the Lord pitieth them that fear him. For he knoweth our frame; he remembereth that we are dust.

This is one thing I am glad the Lord does remember. We are dust! We are not perfect. We makes mistakes because we are human. But He knows that. Thank the Lord He does!

As for man, his days are as grass; as a flower of the field, so he flourisheth. For the wind passeth over it, and it is gone. and the place thereof shall know it no more. But the mercy of the Lord is from everlasting to everlasting upon them that fear him, and righteousness unto children's children. To such as keep his covenant and to those that remember his commandments to do them. The lord hath prepared his throne in the heavens; and his kingdom ruleth over all. Bless the Lord, ye his angels, that excel in strength, that do his commandments, hearkening unto the voice of his word. Bless ye the Lord, all ye his hosts; ye ministers of his, that do his pleasure. Bless the Lord, all his works in all places of his dominion; Bless the Lord, O my soul.

Sounds like we need to take time out to just bless the Lord and thank Him for all His goodness to us. He deserves our praise. He is worthy of our praise. When we enter into prayer that is the first thing we need to do. Then we can bring our petitions to Him, knowing that He will answer acording to His pleasure. BLESS THE LORD, OH MY SOUL AND ALL THAT IS WITHIN ME BLESS HIS HOLY NAME!

1 comment:

pse said...

Thank you for writing that. pse