Monday, December 3, 2012

Alive and Well

I know I need to post something to let you know I am still on planet earth.  At my 50th school class reunion
one teacher said she and her husband had been traveling .  Then she went on to say "traveling from one doctor to another."  I think I know what she means now.  That's what we have been doing.  Silas got through with his radiation and the tumor is gone.  We are so thankful for that.  He still gets tired easily but he was assured that his energy will come back in a few weeks.  He had to go this week for a bone marrow biopsy.
He will get the report next Tuesday but we are expecting good results.

I had to get two epidural steroid shots in my back.  I am amazed at how it has helped.  I know I said I would never do this but sometimes we have to eat our words.  

We haven't been to church in several weeks.  Hopefully we will be able to get back this week end.  So many had colds or viruses last week end.  We did not want to catch something.  Silas' immune system is down from the radiation and he surely doesn't  anything else now.  

I did not finish this Saturday so will try and finish update.  We got to go to church yesterday morning.  We have really missed going.  I don't know what people do without going to church.  I know some say they can worship at home.  They don't need to go.  Personally, we absolutely need to go.  There is nothing like the fellowship of the saints of God and the singing and preaching o

f the Word.  It is a vital part of our life.  Our Pastor preached on "I was glad when they said unto me, let us go into the house of the LORD."   I am so glad we have a place of worship.  I don't want to take that for granted.  There may come a time when we can't gather together like we do now.

Thank God for your blessings!  Though you may be going through a valley ~ God is good and He is still God.  We have learned that whatever He permits to come our way, He will be right there by our side to help us through.  He has not failed us.  I thank Him for that.   Have a blessed day and remember "Jesus loves me, this I know,  For the Bible tells me so."






6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. I will pray for your husband. It was good to hear from you.
Merry Christmas!

Anonymous said...

I'm glad to hear that Silas is doing better and that you were both able to go to church. It's good to see you back here posting again. Thanks for letting us know how you're doing.
Blessings to you my sweet friend,
Deb

Barbara said...

Hey sorry I have not been around, but Chuck has been doing Revivals and we have been super busy.
I am glad the shots help, I get them every two weeks in my shoulder, after Jan 1 Chuck is going to get them in his back also, praying for you always sweet friend, have a very blessed day.

Cathy said...

Wishing you a blessed, Happy New Year, Dear.

American Home said...

Hello, I just stopped by to do some reading on your site. I always enjoy stopping by and reading your words. I hope things are going well for you and your family. Your words are a blessing.
God bless you.

accountants near me said...

nice post thanks for update