Friday, July 6, 2012

As I sit here and look out the window,  the sun is shining and the birds chirping.  I thank the Lord for a beautiful day!  Our garden has been harvested and  my husband is getting ready for the fall garden.  Seem the Lord send just enough rain for the garden.


 I put up 9 qts of tomato sauce, 7 bags of green bell peppers for stuffed bell peppers,  about 6 qt bags of chopped bell pepper for seasoning.  Also tried my hand at a gallon of refrigerator pickles.  They turned out real crisp and were so easy.  Put up several bags of sliced okra to fry, the whole ones to go in field peas. (that is a southern dish.)  Before you set the table, the okra is taken out and served by itself.  Unless you are from the south  you are probably saying "yuck."


Oh, I forgot the squash we put up.  Several bags of sliced to fry later.  My husbands favorite.  


My heart goes out to all those that went through bad weather and flooding through out the states.  I know some of you were in some of it.  Just know our thoughts and prayers are with you.















2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sounds like you have been very productive..what a blessing!

Barbara said...

Sounds good, I made some salsa out of my tomatoes being I still have plenty in the freezer from last year, the water did finish off our garden, but praise God we did get some things before the flood, thanks for the prayers and all the love you show.