Thursday, June 2, 2011

PLEASE PRAY FOR LOGAN

I am posting the three latest up-dates about  Logan,   Jonathan and Britney need your prayers. Help me spread thee word about Logan.  The whole family need your prayers.  When the doctor looked at Logan he said he did not have a chance.  Cross your fingers!  Jonathan said "I'd rather pray."   The doctor went out crossing his fingers as if to say prayer does not work.   When the doctor came back in and saw Logan open his eyes on command, he said "I guess prayer must work."  We don't know what God is doing but this little boy and his parents have spoken to many lives.

Background Story   

Hey my name is Logan. I am 6 years old and have two younger siblings. I received Jesus as my personal Saviour on March 20, 2011 at the age of 5. I love passing out tracts and telling others about the Lord. I just recently graduated kindergarten where I received a "smiley" face everyday for the school year. I love attending Sunday school and church and like to be outside all the time. I was at our hunting camp in Ms and feel off of a tree swing. Taken by ambulance to Southwest hospital in McComb I was stabilized and air lifted to Blair E Batson childrens hospital in Jackson where I am currently. I have suffered from a temporal skull fracture and a fracture to the back of the skull. Also have two bruised lungs and some damage to the brain stem. I know God is in control but please pray for me. 
 .

  • Wednesday, June 1, 2011 6:07 PM, CDT
    So we met with the neuro dr. and he said as of right now no surgery. Since he is making small improvements just let him be cause the brain surgery is so risky. He doesn't think the blood is putting to much extra pressure on his brain. Logan will have another ct scan tomorrow to see if there is any change. He has had 3 veins collapse and his PICC line had to be removed. He also got his first sponge bath since he has been here. They have his vent set to where he is doing all the breathing on his own but if he stops it will give him 20 seconds and breathe for him. They call it 
    c-pap. He will have bloodwork done at 8:00 to make sure his c02 levels are normal with this vent setting. The MRI also showed he has no hearing in his left ear but that is the least of my worries. Please keep praying for my precious little boy.
     
  • Wednesday, June 1, 2011 1:23 PM, CDT
    Well we did not get the news we were hoping for. His MRI showed a significant amount of blood in his brain. Major damage and bruising to most of the brain, brain stem and spinal cord at the neck. They also found some new blood that wasn't there before which is concerning. We are supposed to meet with the head of pediatric neurology this evening to discuss what he wants to do. They can remove the blood which means they would remove part of his skull and vacuum it out or if its not putting to much pressure on his brain they may leave it alone and let it try and resolve on its on, but the down side to that is since its so much any pressure is causing extra brain damage. They said there is more damage that not and his motor skills is basically gone or beyond repair. But they did say someone with this much damage is usually paralyzed which is not the case for Logan since he has moved his legs and arms. 

    They are going to remove the PICC line completely and go from there. That will take place this evening so where we go back on sedation.
    PLEASE PRAY FOR LOGAN!
     
  • Wednesday, June 1, 2011 11:28 AM, CDT
    I have been getting numerous calls & text about the MRI. We have not heard anything this morning, the Dr's are still making rounds so I'm thinking it will be after lunch. His PICC line is not working correctly so they are going to see about that today. They are hoping to thread a new one in and take the old one out but its very complicated. If they cant they will just completely remove it and start from scratch on the other arm, which all this means is more sedation and poking on my precious baby. I will update after we talk with the Dr's.
     

3 comments:

Barbara said...

Continuing prayer for this dear little soul and his family, knowing he is in the arms of Jesus and God himself is taking care of this child. God bless you my friend for being so faithful to pray for this family, you be blessed too dear, and praying for you and Silas, lots of hugs for your day.

Elizabeth said...

Thanks for these updates Mrs. Ailene. This little guy really breaks my heart. It just takes one second for your life to change forever, doesn't it?

Tara said...

We're still praying for them all! Thanks for the updates.