Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Sue Bonnet

I have the center of the quilt sewed and striped. It is the one that I shared with you back couple blogs. The pieces my Mom had cut out and it took awhile to figure it out as there were only 3 pieces. My husband is holding the strip up for me. I am almost through with putting the stitching around each block. Then I will add to this. It will be big enough for a queen size bed. I have a dilemna, though. I don't have quilting frames and I do not want to do it on the machine. I think I will put my husband to work and try and make some. Anyway, I will let you know how it all goes. And when I get through I will show it all to you. Remember the give a way! Check back a few blogs or go to the sidebar bar click on it. I will pull a name on April 28th. Get you name in the hat.

5 comments:

Karla Cook @ Roads to Everywhere said...

That is so neat! I'm glad you're doing it. Will look forward to seeing the finished product!

I quilt without a frame, just holding the quilt in my lap. I'm currently working on a queen size one that Mother pieced for my bed. I use big safety pins (they even make curved ones for quilters) to pin the quilt top to the batting and backing. The trick is to use plenty of them so it's very well secured and the backing doesn't slip. Then I just spread it in my lap! Of course, I don't call myself a professional quilter, either... but I find that I'm more apt to get it done if it's easy to pick up and lay down, and not have to sit at a frame.

Barbara said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Samantha said...

Very beautiful Aliene !
Blessings to you dear friend !

Phyllis Blickensderfer said...

A friend's husband made her this PVC quilt frame -- easily assembled, moved, stored:
http://www.ehow.com/how_4928734_make-home-quilting-frame.html

My Beloved Husband created a version for me where I quilt smaller pieces, or long strips:
http://blicktx.multiply.com/photos/album/3/2008_Picture_Perfects_Weekly_Theme#photo=6

Dee said...

Very nice. I look forward to the finished quilt. Maybe you will show the quilt to us on the frame your husband builds.