Friday, June 12, 2009

Need Info on problem

I know that most of you know that I had a round with doctors last year. PCP sent me to ENT, from there I went to a Rheumotologist. They had done every test that they can but have not found any auto immune disease. I do have mild fibromalgia. But I have been plaqued with my lips swelling and little blisters over my upper and bottom lip. It has been so bad the last couple days I had to suck out of a straw. I have tried almost everything I know to no avail. I know if I go to the doctor it will be around and around we go. My husband got me Abreva but this has not done anything. I do take Benadyrl which helps the itching. This condition has been going on for one an half years gradually getting worse. If any of you know anything about this or knows who does~will you put me in contact with the? It has been on and off but now it is more on than off. My lips never get back to normal, If you have an auto immune disease ~maybe you can help me. I have heard that lanolin helps a lot. I am going to try and get some. Well, I can't leave this post without letting you know that God is good. Not some of the time but all the time. He has been so good to us and we feel so unworthy. I am trusting Him to get me through or give me the grace I need each day. Just pray I can find someone that can help me without steroids.

7 comments:

Cathy said...

Oh, Aliene, I am so sorry. It does seem like your doctor could give you something for it! Praying you will find an answer without the steroids.

Love and Hugs,
Cathy

RCUBEs said...

Did your doctor ruled it out for herpes simplex virus? Did he not want to give you an anti-viral medication you have to drink by mouth instead of those creams? May the Lord heal and restore your health. God bless.

Samantha said...

I am so sorry to hear this, I dont have any advice but will add you to my prayer list.
Blessings to you dear one, take care.

Lois Christensen said...

I'm so sorry you're experiencing this awful pain! Really can't help you, sorry! But I will remember you in my prayers and hope that someone out there in our wonderful blogging world can help!!!

HOPE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
HOPE said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mary said...

Dear Aliene, we don't know each other - I found your blog through Julie's Jewels. This has helped me:
http://alkalinefoodschart.com/lp/food-chart/robert%20o%20young.html?gclid=CLOIn8Xch5sCFeFL5QodFFEnpw

I have learned that an alkaline environment in the body is essential for good health. Although my health problems are not quite the same as yours, I did develop blisters inside my mouth on a regular basis for years. I have since changed my diet and also began drinking alkaline ionized water. The blisters have not come back since that time. I hope this will help you. An alkaline diet requires some serious changes and stick-to-it ability - but one cannot put a price on the results. Again, I hope this helps you... God bless!